Health Equity Scholarship AwardS
Now Accepting Applications!
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 11:59pm ET
Notification of award recipients will be distributed by end of April.
Health Equity Scholarship Award
ACH will award full tuition scholarships to apply toward the 2021 Virtual ENRICH Healthcare Communication Course registration. *Awardees must register by the early bird deadline (05/03/2021).
Health Equity Scholarship Application Eligibility
Any current ACH member or non-member interested in attending the 2021 Virtual ENRICH Healthcare Communication Course that contributes to the diversity of the course in some way (race, ethnicity, profession, perspective, etc.). Preference will be given to those from racial and ethnic groups that are under-represented in the health professions. These may include, but are not limited to: Hispanic/Latinx, Black/African-American, Asian-American, Native American / Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian / Pacific Islander, and people from outside the U.S. (https://bhw.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/bureau-health-workforce/data-research/diversity-us-health-occupations.pdf)
On the application applicants will be asked to provide information on how they contribute to diversity to ACH and ENRICH.
Health Equity Scholarship Winner Requirements
- During the course, as with all other participants, scholarship award recipients agree to attend ALL course sessions, as indicated in the ATTENDEE EXPECTATIONS.
- One week after the course, scholarship recipients must submit
- Three goals related to new skills they learned at the course and
- A summary of their ENRICH experience and how it will affect their work.
- Three months after the course, scholarship recipients must submit:
- A reflection describing how they've applied their skill goals and what outcomes they observed/experienced.