Best Poster Award
Presenters & Authors: Elizabeth Spradley, Stephen F. Austin State University & R. Tyler Spradley, Stephen F. Austin State University
"Contradiction and Double Binds: Rhetorical Analysis of Covid-19 Face Covering Recommendations"
Click here to view the poster.
Best Oral Abstract Award
Presenter & Co-Author: Lisa Mikesell, Rutgers University, Co-Authors: F. Alethea Marti, Jennifer R. Guzman, Michael McCreary, Bonnie T. Zima
"Attending to Parent and Child Rights to Make Medication Decisions during Treatment Discussions for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder"
Click here to view the abstract.
Top 5 Oral Abstracts:
- Provider perceptions of a humanizing intervention for providers: A survey study of PPE Portraits - Cati Brown-Johnson, Vandana Nagpal, Nancy McCool, Shawna Steadman, Mary Beth Heffernan, Jennifer Reidy
- Developing an observational coding system for video recorded standardized patient interactions about patients' experiences of racism - Brooke Cunningham, Susan Eggly
- Impact of Disinformation Campaigns on Communications in Healthcare During the COVID-19 Era- A Ukrainian Case Study - Douglas Jordan, Vince Holman, Sonny Patel, Omar Moncayo
- Addressing Domestic Violence with Pregnant Patients: Clinician Language and Communication Strategies Associated with Eliciting Open Patient Discussion Regarding Intimate Partner Violence - Delaney Tyson, Cecilia Huang, Krupa Patel, Abdesalam Soudi, Judy Chang
- Attending to Parent and Child Rights to Make Medication Decisions during Treatment Discussions for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder - Lisa Mikesell, F. Alethea Marti, Jennifer R. Guzman, Michael McCreary, Bonnie T. Zima
~ Click here to view the presentations of the top 5 oral abstracts ~
Top 5 Poster Abstracts:
- How pharmacist SAIDS impacts consumers' understanding of the use of over-the-counter medicines - Yen-Ming Huang, Yunn-Fang Ho, Yao-Hsing Wang, Ling-Ling Hsieh, Ling-Jie Chen, Chiung-Sheue Chen Liu
- Shared Decision-Making in Family Planning among Indigenous Maya Communities of Rural Guatemala - Andrea Garcia, Meghna Nandi, Marcela Colom, Anita Chary, Kirsten Austad
- Striving to maintain relationship-centered care: Clinicians' narratives of innovative and ethical communication practices during COVID-19 - Valerie Smith
- A "New Normal": Helping Patients and Families Feel Safe in Returning to Health Care Settings - Peggy Greco
- Contradiction and Double Binds: Rhetorical Analysis of Covid-19 Face Covering Recommendations - Elizabeth Spradley, Robert Spradley
~ Click here to view the presentations of the top 5 posters ~
Thank You to the Award Selection Committee Members:
Kathy Kieran, MD, Seattle Children's Hospital
Maija Reblin, PhD, Moffitt Cancer Center
Delesha Carpenter, PhD, MSPH, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chris Koenig, PhD, FACH, San Francisco State University